2WD Truck 1/2, 3/4 & 1 ton Full Size Vans
In addition to the 80's Chain Class rules (Listed below)
a: STOCK BUMPERS ONLY 24 INCH BUMPER HEIGHT (from ground to bottom of bumper)
b: NO HITCHES
c: NO FLATBEDS
d: NO DUALLY OR DUALLY RIMS, OR SPLIT RIMS ALLOWED
e: FLAT PLATE MAY BE BOLTED FROM LEFT TO RIGHT SIDE OF THE FRAME TO PUT THE GAS TANK AND GAS LINES
MUST GO UNDER CAB, NO EXCEPTIONS.
f: HALLOW BAR MAY GO FROM LEFT TO RIGHT FRAME RAIL IN THE FRONT OF BOX & CAN BE SECURED TO FRONT RAIL OF BOX & TOP OF CAB. TOP BAR MAY NOT EXCEED 8 INCHES OVER ROOF
g: HALLOW BAR MUST HAVE A CROSS BAR FROM DRIVERS TOP TO PASSENGER BOTTOM.
h: DRIVE LINE WITHOUT CARRIER BEARING MUST HAVE DRIVER LINE LOOP.
i: PASSENGER DOOR CAN HAVE UP TO 20 INCHES OF WELDS FOR DRIVERS PROTECTION.
j: NO GRILL GUARDS
k: TIRES, NO RULES, OTHER THAN DOT APPROVED
l: STEP SIDES CAN DO MORE SAFETY FOR DRIVER.
m: Two all-thread are allowed for front support with a 3/4" maximum and up to a 3" washer.
n: Safety cage secured in bed of pickup with three attachment points. (3-point safety cage)
o: All components of cage must remain in front of wheel hub.
p: talegate, 2" maximum weld at all four corners
q: CAN RUN 4X4, WITH ONLY ONE DRIVE SHAFT! new rule.
r: NO FIBERGLASS TOPPERS/TOPS
s: Pick-ups cab to bed can have no gap. Bolt together or cover with rubber
Please refer to 80's Chain class:
80's Chain-Class Rules
THIS IS INTENDED TO BE A SIMPLE,
SAFE, LOW-COST CLASS FOR THE BEGINNER OR CASUAL DERBIER! NO HIGH-PERFORMANCE
PARTS, ETC. JUST GUT AND GO! BUILD WITH THIS IN MIND OR BUILD A
WELD CAR INSTEAD!!!
All normal derby safety rules apply with these exceptions:
1. Pick-ups must stay completely factory stock with the exception of the
2. NO welding on car except for what is allowed in these rules!
3. Doors, hoods, trunks, and bumpers are allowed two (2) chain securements
per item maximum. Body panels MUST remain in
their stock locations, including no tucking trunks or folding hoods
forward over the nose.
4. A "securement" is one (1) piece of chain, no longer
than 36", with one (1) bolt no longer than 6". Chains
may not be larger than 3/8", no welded links, sheetmetal to
sheet metal only!
5. Bumper ends may NOT be cut, but they
may be bent in. Maximum height to bottom of bumper is 18".
6. You are allowed and recommended to either
bolt the front bumper through the bumper shock with a maximum 1/2"
diameter bolt or all thread with no larger than a 3" washer,
chain the bumper to the car frame or core support but NOT the hood,
or run 2 steel straps lightly welded from the top of the
frame to around the bumper. The strap cannot exceed 1 " wide
x 1/8" thick, and may only go from the top of the frame, ahead of
the core support, around the bumper to
the under side of the frame ahead of the core. Only 2" of the strap
may be welded to the frame top and bottom.
7. Driver door may be welded and reinforced for driver safety ONLY.
8. No wagon flip-up compartment lids, they must be removed.
9. Engine, drive train, and bumpers MUST match car in use.
10. Absolutely no antifreeze in radiators,
water only! This will be enforced!
11. Exhaust must either exit the hood or behind the driver.
12. You may add an auxiliary floor shifter.
Auxiliary transmission coolers are not allowed.
13. You may add a hand throttle.
14. Support chains on engine/transmissions ok, one (1) per mount.
15. Welded or posi-traction rear ends ok. No aftermarket or deep (numerically
higher than 3.73) gear ratios allowed.
16. Tires: you may run a 4 or 6-ply bias or
up to a 6-ply rated radial (either way, not to exceed a load range
C) tire no taller than 29" tall, 7.00x15 tires or larger not allowed.
Tubes are allowed. They must NOT be a deep or aggressive tread. No
flappers or filled tires. If in doubt check with us or bring spares
to change to!
17. If you run a bucket seat, you are allowed
(and suggested) to add an upright pillar, vertically and no further
out than in line with the inside of the roof, on the passenger side.
No bars will be allowed to stick out of the car! The bar cannot exceed
3" diameter with 5"x5"x1/4" plates. You may also have a similar bar
on the drivers side with a horzintal support (H-bar) or a diagonal
bar from directly behind the drivers seat and no higher than the
top of the door across the car to no higher than the passenger side
floor seatbelt bolt. No dash or passenger-side door bars will be
allowed. If you don't feel "safe" without the bars, do not run this
class! We will make you cut the extra bars out!
18. PRE-RUN Cars ONLY: If you are using a preran 80's car, and the
core support has been torn from the frame, you may repair it as follows:
One (1) 1/2" bolt with washers, per core support mount can be
used in place of the old bolt. The factory core support rubber mounts
must remain in place. No excessive length on bolts. If the hole
on the frame is torn, a washer may be welded over that hole, top
side only. Washers only, no plates, cannot exceed 1/8" thick
or 1 3/4" outside diameter.
19. Powder puff cars are to be built to these
same rules. You may enter the car for powder puff, and if able to
repair to these rules, it may be run again in the regular 80's heat.
20. 80's class cars will now be the only cars allowed for pitman.
***If in doubt, ask!!!!
Dylan Kelly - 406-366-5161
Alyssa Yaeger - 406-366-6615